Monday, October 10, 2011

Dessert Island

I'll go ahead and start this off by saying that the spelling error in the title is intentional.  As a matter of fact, all spelling errors on this site are intentional (yeah, that's the ticket).  Many people have lists of things they would bring to a desert island.  Some of the more common ones are books the would bring or music they would bring.  The music list is kind of a sham because with enough time, any song can become "Macarena".  I wanted to do a list of less common things I would bring to the island, for example dessert (see what I did there?).

Dessert - I guess it would make sense to start with the dessert I would bring to a desert island since I have been beating you over the head with it.  I think I would have to bring my all-time favorite dessert: Angel Food Cake.  In case you were looking, there is no joke there, I just really like Angel Food Cake.

Saved By The Bell Castmember - Many people may think that Mario Lopez would be the obvious choice but I would go with Mark Paul Gosselaar.  He would provide hours of entertainment regaling you with stories from the set of "Franklin and Bash".  Also you could probably make a decent rope with his hair.

Coffee Additive - This one is a no-brainer.  I would definitely bring Non-Dairy Coffee Creamer.  It's a desert island.  If you didn't choose non-dairy it would spoil in the heat.  Duh!

Sock - I really struggled with this one for a long time.  While a crew length sock would provide better protection from the sun and insect bites, an ankle high sock would keep you from overheating.  In the end I chose the crew length because let's face it, ankle socks are kind of 80's.

Standard Of Measurement - I know this choice may not be very patriotic, but I would use the Metric System.  I'm stranded on a desert island, I have bigger fish to fry than remembering measurement conversions that aren't powers of ten.

Star Trek Sequel - Without even thinking about it I would choose "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier".  Some of you might be wondering why I would chose, without a doubt, the worst of the Star Trek sequels.  The way I see it, since I don't have anything to watch it with anyways, I might as well vent some frustration by smashing it with a rock.

Item Of Clothing From American Eagle's Fall Collection - This was another tough one but I finally landed on the AE Plaid Workwear Flannel in orange.  I think it would really make my eyes pop and it would go great with this pair of jeans I have.  Even if you are stranded on a desert island, there is nothing wrong with feeling pretty.

Mid-Size Sedan - Because of it's roomy interior and great fuel efficiency I decided to go with the Nissan Altima.  The handling is a little choppy, but it has the best 0 to 60 time of any vehicle in its class.

Item Currently In My Line Of Sight - Well I guess if I had to choose I would pick the blue and orange Nerf football.  This category didn't really provide me with a lot of options.  The football would most likely prove slightly more useful than the napkin from Chipotle.

Home Workout Device - I wouldn't bring any of them.  They are bulky and let's be honest for a moment, if I don't use them at home, I'm sure as hell not going to use them on a desert island.

Maybe you like my desert island choices, or maybe you would go a different way.  If you have a better choice for your desert island list let me know.  Also if you have any other categories that you are interested in hearing my choices let me know.  I think we can all agree it would just be easier to not ever go to a desert island.

No comments:

Post a Comment