Sunday, April 17, 2011

I Heart Tacos

If you travelled the world in search of the greatest cuisine, somewhere along the line you would encounter the taco.  Many people would keep on travelling in search of something better.  I, on the other hand, would end my search right there because I know that any other food would be inferior to the taco.  To continue searching would really just be a lie so you could make that trip to Dollywood that you've always wanted.  Because the taco is one of Mexico's greatest gifts to my tummy, logic dictates that I must honor it with the ancient Japanese art of Haiku.

Tacos can be soft
They may also be crunchy
Bite them all with joy

Fill this shell with meat
Do not forget to add cheese
Lettuce?  You Decide 

In my tortilla
The beef is the spiciest
My stomach is pleased

Taco to my lips
The first bite is ecstasy
Damn it's on my pants

Taco Bell is gross
Sometimes tacos are needed
Fine, to the drive-thru

Corn vessel folded
Toppings added for pleasure
Hamburger?  Hell no

Beef chicken or pork
Salsa mild medium hot
Hmmmm...choices, choices

My mouth craves goodness
Ortega Taco Dinner
This box knows my wants

Taco bought from truck
It seemed like a good idea
Greetings my toilet

I hope these fine poetry selections inspire you to sample this fine dining that is the taco.  I know that I am definitely wanting one right about now.  So eat a taco and enjoy, it may just be nature's perfect food.  What's that?  Tacos aren't natural?  Well eat one anyways, your tummy will say, "gracias."

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit, there aren't many variations in Latino cuisine. They pretty much nailed it the first time though. Call it a burrito, chila cilas (sp), a taco, or some nachos, we're talking tasty.

    ReplyDelete